Thursday- There were lots of tears leaving Jerusalem. My friend Marianne had a quote on her blog that I've spent some time thinking about: "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." I am so excited to let my experience in Jerusalem be my MTC for life :)
Second Thursday- The flight was kind of crazy. With 4 layovers and 3 carry-ons weighing over 45lbs each, how could it not be? Ugh. International flights are actually kind of nice. It's the only time I really feel justified in being lazy and not doing anything productive :)
Elyse and her family were so nice to host me in Salt Lake that night. I got a real bed and awesome eggs in the morning.
Friday- I spent a few hours of the afternoon organizing all my junk in the basement. I think it was the first time in 4 months that I had alone. Just me. The JC is a great place and my friends are great, but it was really nice to just have my alone time. I ended up going to Logan that night and had a little cousin reunion. I just love that we love each other enough to change our plans and sacrifice to be together. We never, ever regret it.
Saturday- Sarah was so funny- she woke me up whispering breakfast options in my ear, and then let me use her precious hemp shampoo. Nice, huh? We intended to go hiking, but when we woke up it was snowing hard core! So we chatted more, played some Nertz, went to lunch (Which was fantastic!) and then Allison and I headed back to Salt Lake.
My friend Lisa from the NZ study abroad got married in Draper today. So naturally her reception was an NZ reunion. It was fun to see Lisa so happy, and... the crepes were really good! I made it to Provo once again, and I'm getting ready for 9am church in the Wilk tomorrow. Wow, to think that just last Shabbat I sat in the most beautiful, limestone and glass auditorium overlooking the Old City.
2 comments:
Surreal, isn't it? This definitely brings back the old feelings of returning to the US of A. So glad you were able to have that wonderful experience. Keep up the good habits of scripture study you've made. And of non-nail biting! Good luck getting settled.
MTC for life! What a great concept!
I hope you always remember, and never ever forget! :)
Post a Comment