Monday, April 13, 2009

Random Highlights from Galilee

You can imagine my joy when we got of the bus and I saw the gorgeous water where we got to play for the afternoon.  My first thought when I saw it was, "MOM WOULD DIE!"  As I was swimming around I just kept thinking of what mom would do to take full advantage of this sweet place.  So with that in mind, I went cliff jumping (until someone came over the intercom and asked me to stop...) Hid in caves and jumped out at people as they came swimming by, and I laid on the rocks beneath the waterfall, giving me a great full body massage :)  
This is Me on Mt. Tabor.  It is kind of fun to go to sites, look them up in the scriptures and take the same exact shot as is published in our quads.  I had never really learned about Mt. tabor before, but this is actually one of my favorite sites/stories! 
This is one of my favorite pictures of all time.  We had a fire on the beach, and people kept trying to nip off my perfectly toasted (if I do say so myself) marshmallows.  I just love Jayne's face :)

Tamara is super cool.  She is on her path to be a reporter in the Middle East.  Tamara is very politically minded and articulate.  She's friendly and goes out of her way to meet new people.  Tamara genuinely loves to study and has really shown me how to take learning to the next level.  

3 comments:

Noelle said...

That swimming hole looks amazing! I'll never forget finding Ching's pond. The road to hana was something else. Didn't we see a skinny dipper there? The marshmallow roasting looks fun!

Julie T said...

So glad you got some good jumps in- and also some great aqua therapy! :)

Bryan Tanner said...

The Galilee swimming hole reminds me of Bern, SW. But I'd take a natural cliff jumping spot over a waterslide any day of the week.