My mom sent me a link to some conference talk excerpts that have been made into YouTube videos. This one by President Uchtdorf especially resonated with me. I remember watching this talk being given for the first time in October of 2008, and just agreeing with every word he said!
I am impressed by the idea that we are spirit children of the most creative Being in the universe. As President Uchtdorf poses, "Isn’t it remarkable to think that your very spirits are fashioned by an endlessly creative and eternally compassionate God? Our birthright—and the purpose of our great voyage on this earth—is to seek and experience eternal happiness. One of the ways we find this is by creating things."
This clip is well done... You won't regret giving it 2 minutes of your time:
"Try to see how many smiles you can create, write a letter of appreciation, learn a new skill, identify a space and beautify it."
Situational Irony
10 years ago
3 comments:
I loved that talk as well. I also love your quote: "I am so excited to let my experience in Jerusalem be my MTC for life." What a great perspective.
What are you going to create this Summer?
Yeah this movie is really fun. We've watched it several times. I can't believe it's made by the church, it's so....progressive.
Post a Comment