I learned that phrase from 92-girl :) This week (and this entire semester really) I have simply not slept enough. For example, here I am blogging at 5am. Let's just put it this way: I have not gotten more than 4 hours of sleep in 9 days. My body is just worn out. I am seriously looking forward to the plane ride where I anticipate my best sleep in a month!
This last few days is CRAZY busy! Full of laughs, tears, pictures, and "lasts"... I am staying in the city as much as physically possible. My feet seriously feel like "raw hamburger" as mom likes to put it. I know that if she were here, mom would give me a foot rub :) My bed was infested with ants yesterday, and I found a dead cockroach down between the sheets last night. It was big. And you know what? I didn't even care. After just one scream (much like the spider at Mags' Ali!) I removed the cockroach and just threw the covers over me. It was just like, for two hours, I can share my bed. Whatev.
I have been movie-making like a MANIAC and trying to get photos, audio clips and videos to my friends. I've done some photoshoots for friends on the lawns and in the gardens, and I've even begun packing! My carry-on weighs 60 pounds. Yeah. What am I going to do with all this junk? For those of you who know that packing is not a strength of mine, this time around is no exception. They say the Israeli Defense Force is SUPER strict on airport regulations and there is no fudging the rules like I've become accustomed to :)
This last few days we are tracing Jesus' steps of His final week in Jerusalem. Yesterday we went to Bethany and Bethpage, Orson Hyde park, Dominus Flevit chapel, and the Upper room. Gethsemane, Bethesda, Garden Tomb and some places we will go today. It is cool because I've already been to these sites several times independently, but it is fun to do with my friends and teachers, and to do sequentially as the Savior did. I am sure going to miss the Holy Land.
Sorry there are no pictures on this post. It's not because I have a lack of pictures in my life. I'm simply out of time. I guess I can just sleep when I'm dead!
Situational Irony
10 years ago
4 comments:
You'll be too busy to sleep when you're dead, too, I bet. Good for you for accomplishing so much Stefanie. You're awesome.
Yeah that's what they say....
Good luck getting everything done before you head home and a special good luck on getting everything smashed into that suitcase of yours with minimal stress levels!
Boy, Stefanie, you've really packed it in--in every sense!!! Hurrah for Israel!
you're probably smacking each other with pillows right about now! Hope you have a fantastic last 5 hours in the holy land! I'm watching the clock for both of us today!
Post a Comment