Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Talent Show!

The talent show was awesome. We had, I think 9 acts, so it didn't drag on forever like many ward talent shows do... and every single act had the entire audience cracking up :) Some of my favorites were a synchronized swimming show, "I won't say I'm in love" lipsync, and an awesome song and dance with customized lyrics: "The Luxormotion"- reliving funny/bad moments from our Egyptian train ride to the tune of that song that goes "do the locomotion!" (I forgot the title...) Anyway, I somehow ended up being in 2 numbers, which was pretty embarrassing. Rachel, from Bainbridge Island Rope Skippers and I did a pairs routine which got the crowd pretty excited and gave us an excuse to practice together. (Dad, I knew you'd be happy that we weren't wearing soffes....)
And it turns out I can still do the splits. Regardless of my inibility at practice, somehow when it's time for that ending pose of a show, my legs decide to actually fall in place and spread at an inhuman angle...



My second act was a clogging number to a song by the Jackson 5. So naturally we wore 80's outfits! None of us had clogging shoes, so we just did our best with what we had. Chelsie and Valorie are CLEARLY the better cloggers, but it was fun for Matt and me to remember some steps that we learned long ago. I took an intro class freshman year, and I guess Matt clogged some on his mission in Kentucky... I know you have all seen way too much of me jumping rope, but here's a video clip of the dance:



It wasn't until we were up there dancing that I realized I was the only one without cover-up shorts. Oops. I think I was way too comfortable up there in spandex...

4 comments:

Bryan Tanner said...

I thought all you JC folks just backed "the essentials". Where did all these spandex leggings come from?!

Very cool video Stef. Did you hear that Kyle officially started the BYU JUMP ROPING CLUB? I just talked to him last week.

See you soon.

Noelle said...

Wow Stef, that is some great clogging. Thanks for including a video. I'll have to watch it again when I get home so I can hear the tunes. Those spandex are something else! Where did you come up with FOUR pair?

Wow, Kyle started the club? I could see that coming, I'm honestly surprised it took him this long...

Julie T said...

I see the writing on the wall...
Great number-great costumes! But what great lengths are hanging down over your ears???

NatalieD said...

Quite impressive! You certainly are talented--in many ways. Who knows how much more talented you would be if I had allowed you to bake those chocolate chip cookies years ago!