Sunday, January 25, 2009

3 more friends :)


Can I just say I LOVE Angie! I don't remember when we first met, but we're sure buds now. She is so thoughtful and positive. I spent over an hour talking to her about her mission in Romania tonight at dinner. Angie motivates me to be better! When we break up into groups, I always secretly hope that we are together :) She has the most beautiful hair in the world and I can always count on her for a good story!

Annie is just amazing. I just found out today that she was notified of her acceptance for the program in mid-December and then frantically worked it out so she could come. And I'm so glad she did! Annie is always postive and always up for an adventure. She never passes a post without jumping over it, and she leaps off tall posts every chance she can get. I'm impressed by Annie's comments in class and how she is always up to date on her schoolwork. Annie is great at going with the flow; an essential aspect of group travel! (Sorry the picture is sort of awkward... We are being Mary and Martha in En Karem. We have lots of winners together, but I just really like this one :)

Chris Ricks... what to say? Well, we got to know each other on the flight from Denver to D.C. He's a pretty sweet kid. He takes good pictures; a great eye for composition. Chris served in Tonga, so he gets the whole New Zealand thing. He brought my favorite North Face fleece to Jerusalem. It makes me sad I didn't bring mine every time I see it. Chris and I study for Huff's religion quizzes together over breakfast. We've had some fun adventures together thus far, especially on our free day in En Karem!

(Oh, p.s. I am in Egypt for the next 8 days, but I do have posts scheduled out, so keep checking! Get stoked for some pics of pyramids and camels!)

7 comments:

Joni said...

Egypt! Oh how I loved that place. It was weird for me to see places that I had only read about. So make sure that you take lots of pictures of the center. I wish I would have taken more. Oh and don't look any Egyptian men in the eye. Otherwise you will come home with an pesky unwanted husband. It was so hard getting rid of mine. ;)

Heather said...

I totally echo Joni's comments. You will LOVE Egypt. So glad you get to go. Did they move it up in the schedule to be sure you got it in? Be extra cautious, it's a dangerous place. Enjoy your morning hike up in the darkness so you can watch the sunrise over Mt. Sinai. These are unforgettable times. I'm so happy for you. And thanks in advance for the pre-written posts while you're away...

Noelle said...

Love the Mary and Martha picture. I bet you're jealous of that North Face. What is Stefanie without her North Face? Honestly. Hope you're having fun in Africa.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't too chocked up about Eygpt. We were only there for a
couple of days and Alexandria was
very dirty, crowded and full of beggers, pulling at you in every direction. That was in l985, maybe things are better now. I did love the pyramids and all the history.

Julie T said...

Does anyone have the Ten Commandments on dvd?? Whenever I think of Egypt I think of that movie. How is your new camera sling/fastener whatchamacallit working out? I do hope you get some terrific pictures and that you don't get any sand in your camera.

Bryan Tanner said...

Think of this time in Jerusalem as a sabbatical from your North Face. It is good to practice doing "hard things."

Noelle said...

I have 10 commandments on VHS I believe...it's a two-taper. Ha ha, good one Bry!