Sunday, January 18, 2009

JC Challenge:

So I have this goal. I want to be genuine friends with every member of the JC Winter 2009 program. So… That means I have a lot of learning to do. But let’s start out with some people I already have pictures with ☺ I plan to highlight a few people like once a week or so. Here goes:


Jayne is genuine. When I think of Jayne, I think of someone without guile. We were FHE sisters fall semester and got excited for this program together! She had me stay at her sisters house the night before we left, and took me to the airport in the morning. We had a dance party the other night and she busted out grooves I never would have expected from Jayne ☺ I’m excited to go on our first day trip together today!

Heidi is a fireball and a half ☺ She is always giggling and smiling. Heidi does her best every day to live the gospel; she goes out of her way to bless others’ lives. We have already had some fun times in town and late night girl talks in the center. I can count on her to start a story-telling session over lunch or plan jokes that circulate the center. Did I mention she’s intense?

Moon Fogg. No, Moon is not her real name, but I don’t know what is. She changes her name each semester, and it ended up as Moon for Jerusalem. I have a lot to learn from Moon. She can find something absolutely hilarious about every situation. She is in the photography major in Provo, which basically means I adore her. She brought 3 extra lenses and a tripod. WOW baby! Here is some pre-picture dialogue:
Israeli man #1 directed toward Stefanie: “You have beautiful hair, will you marry me?”
Israeli man #2 directed toward Moon: “Your coat is nice, will you marry me?”
Basically, Moon and I are pretty hot stuff… And yes, my proposal count from strange, international men has now bumped up to three.

Elyse and I are tight. She calls me out when I try to be sneaky and gets in my face when I lose a ping pong match ☺ I like passionate people who recognize when I can do better and help me improve. We wear gypsy pants together. And she stays calm when I lose important things. Elyse is my body-guard when my street saavyness gets set aside for a perfect photo-op! We play ping pong and chat about life almost every night, and I know Elyse is always aware of me and willing to do whatever it takes to improve my experience here. Highlight of the day: scaring Elyse half to death by popping out from behind a corner on the way to the laundry room :)

4 comments:

Julie T said...

Naturally, these are some of the posts a mom likes most to read! For the person who has her daughter's ear has significant impact/influence over her. It looks like you've already made some great friends and stand to make a lot more. Another worthy goal as there is so much to learn from absolutely everyone!

Noelle said...

Marriage proposals already?? Wow. I love hearing about your friends and I especially love hearing that Elyse has been popping out from behind corners for me. Remember when I got you bad a Christmas?

Nice Israeli skirt and bag by the way! I can't wait to peruse some of the merchandise by photo :)

Bryan Tanner said...

I wonder what would happen if you were to say yes to a marriage proposal.

Would you at least meet his family if you were paid $200?

Heather said...

Not Jayne's Day. What are some of Moon's past names?