Our first stop was at the hospital to see stained glass depicting the 12 tribes of Israel:


This lady is one of my favorites:
Next we wandered around for hours and hours exploring the land and climbing hills... (I swear, when we didn't know where to go, we just went up!):

This cathedral was probably my favorite.
The highlight of the day was going to this amazing art museum! This man has been painting since he was 3 and was just so thrilled to show us his work. He made his own paper and has spent years and years developing different mediums and styles. He is motivated by history and sells his work for $6,000 min. We found his hole in the wall "studio" because we were looking for a bathroom...

I guess we were being too loud; we got chased out of this cathedral by an angry nun:

I have a TON more winner pictures from this day... 348 to be exact. En Karem is going down, down, down in history!
7 comments:
348 pictures in one day? Is that a record? Glad you're sharing them!
You'll be forever grateful that you're preserving all of your wonderful memories through picture-taking and blogging.
I love it! Thanks for posting the adventures.
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!
I love that last picture of the church too. What beautiful stained glass windows! I would love to hear more about what you learned in these places, if you have time...
Your wonderful pictures sure bring back memories to me of my trip to
the Holy Land. Aren't the Churches
just beautiful. What a lucky thing
that was when you stumbled upon the
artist that made his own paper. How interesting is that.
You seem to be making a habit of upsetting older women. Hmm. Looks so fun. I miss those good old days.
Post a Comment