I hate to keep posting about security... but it's kind of a big deal.
On Wednesday we had sirens announcing an air raid. Luckily the air raid never came, but it sure gave our professors a scare. It sounded like WWII. I never really felt afraid, but it is sort of unnerving when sirens flare literally all around you.
Today there was a demonstration/riot in the Old City. I wanted to take pictures, but we had to leave fast. The girls I was with picked up our Schwarmas (lunch) quickly and headed toward Jaffa gate. The center called a taxi to come pick us up and return us safely to our home on the Mount of Olives.
Here are some of the secular highlights of the week:
-Ate popcorn from the "Shekel Shack."
-Busted a ping pong ball from sliding across the floor attempting to save it...
-Cut Ryan Rampton's hair. With Japanese scissors.
-Made history at the JC cafeteria. (This one is still a little too sensitive for blogging. Maybe I'll tell you once my misdoings get resolved...)
-Climbed 202 steps to the top of St. Augusta's tower.
-Met up with some sheep herders while overlooking Bethlehem
-Learned how to read and write quite a bit of Hebrew in just 2 class periods. I'm a little surprised at how much I LOVE the language. I can see myself purusing Hebrew Post-Jerusalem.
It is such a priviledge to be in this Holy City. I absolutely LOVE IT!
Situational Irony
10 years ago
3 comments:
Your air raids and emergency evacuations sound a bit more than a little unnerving. Stay safe! I'm glad they take such good care of you but I still want to know more about all the inner workings of how they can find all of you all over Jerusalem and herd you safely in. The tidbit about your misdoings sounds juicy, can't wait until it's blogworthy! Good luck with the Hebrew! Just curious, why hebrew over arabic?
Very interesting Blog. The sirens going off must have been a bit scary for everyone. (Glad you took it in stride.)
You have really peaked my curiousity about whatever your misgivings are.
I want a schwarma right now. Eat a hot one for me, Stef, k?
Post a Comment