I only have 4% battery left, and a bit of reading to do for class tomorrow, so this will be short! I'll expand more on these ideas later...
-I was sort of a stressball packing and getting to the airport, but my bag weighed in at 49 lbs so I didn't have to do any repacking at the counter.
-My flights were long, but good.
-I am making lots and lots of great new friends!
-I eat meals with, and say goodnight to my professors. Weird :)
-The Jerusalem center is more beautiful than I ever imagined.
-Watching the sunset behind the dome of the rock tonight may have been the greatest moment of my life.
-I can't wait for tomorrow when I'll get to experience the city!
-Nobody at the center is worried about the rockets landing 25 miles away... and neither am I.
I am officially the luckiest girl in the world :)
Situational Irony
10 years ago
8 comments:
You are the luckiest girl in the world! And I'm the luckiest for knowing you and getting to read your blog! I'm glad you're safe, glad you're making new friends, and glad you got to see the sunset and feel the joy of being in Jerusalem.
Happy day! I'm looking forward to reading about your great Israel adventures!
25? I thought Gaza was like 60 miles away! I'm SO relieved your bag was only 49. In Dad's words..."that's a mercy."
Steph!!! I can't believe you are there, I can totally picture what the sunset was like and your reaction to your first walk into the center. It is an amazing building. Just wait for your first sacrament meeting. Say hi to Sister Thomas for me. Enjoy, and good luck the first time in the old city...you will get so turned around! Oh, and if the rockets are in Gaza you really have nothing to worry about. The Gaza strip is insane and they are fully aware of that and you never go near there. Be careful, and you will be fine!
Thank goodness you are SAFE :)
Did they ask you NOT to roll your suitcases over the marbled floors, but heft all 59 pounds of them? I never once got to use the elevator. Probably just for the prophet or the pope. Glad you're safe.
Yeah--all of US knew you were the luckiest girl in the world...it helps that you know it now too!! :)
Yes you are one lucky dude to be in this lovely country. I would
love to have seen that Sunset, bet
it was gorgeous.
Post a Comment