1. Old Testament: Brother Huff. The Huff family is the coolest :) This class is really interesting and really hard. Good thing Sis. Huff sits in during class and at least attempts to convince him to make the quizzes a little easer. There was quite a drama about today's tough 30 question quiz.
I would say that those slippers were the best thing I brought to Jeru!2. Ancient Near Eastern Studies: Brother Skinner. This man is a walking encyclopedia. He is a monotone genius, and actually really captures my interest now that I've grown accustomed to his teaching style.
3. Modern Near East- Jewish Perspective: Ophir Yardin. Ophir is our awesome, funny Jewish professor. We have TONS of reading, and I'm scared for the first test, but I really really love his class. It's one I always look forward to.
4. Modern Near East- Muslim Perspective: Adnan Musallam. We clash. Well actually, Adnan clashes with pretty much every American student. We are trying to accommodate to diferences in the educational systems of our 2 cultures. He tells us that "We (muslims) are the most misunderstood people," and demands our attention by shouting and knocking on the podium. Perharps I will type up my countless journal entries involving this man...
(These pictures aren't from today, but another study day. This is on the JC property, just outside the chapel. It is SUCH beautiful weather!) 5. HEBREW-Um, I forgot her name, but she's great :) This is hands down my favorite class! I am tempted to teach you all some Hebrew and have you understand the beauty that is this language! Class time is spent practicing reading and writing letters, learning about Jewish artifacts, singing songs in Hebrew, reading children's stories, and other activities she plans for each class period. It's great!
6. A field Trip Course- We have lots of field trips that require reading, quiz questions, and then a test at the end. We've only done one so far, but Egypt is a week and a half of straight field trip. Hallelujiah!
3 comments:
I've been asking everyone I meet about Egypt since your trip is imminent! They say 1) prepare to take a few street photos in Cairo of the unbelievable driving and traffic (Ann is hoping I will forward one since she forgot in Dec and kicks herself!) and 2) ask someone with a good camera to stand right in front when you mount the camel for a great Christmas card shot: his back legs get up first slinging you forward, your eyes and mouth open (can't help it!) and then the front legs rise and balance you out!
Another great blog. You are to be
congratulated on your daily reports. I look forward to this so
much. It is the first thing I do every day. After reading your blog,I read the paper and check out
the temp in Isreal. You really are
having beautiful weather.
Be prepared for the camel being full of fleas when you climb aboard.
Those sound like some great classes! I have always been amazed at how well you balance your social life and playing with your school work. Oh I also wanted to tell you that a jump rope team performed during half time at the basketball game and I thought of you :)
Post a Comment