Here I sit. On the 6th floor of the JC recovering from the 3 flight climb from my bedroom. Those stairs can really take it out of you; especially when you can't breathe or even take a break from coughing. Today is a free day and all the other students are out galavanting around Israel. En Kareem, Tel Aviv, some even went to the zoo!
People keep asking me if I feel any better. I used to lie and respond with something like "a little better than this morning," Or "slightly better than yesterday..." But I quit lying. I think it catches people off guard when I tell them "I've never felt worse," or that "I'me grumpy because my body hurts."
I woke up feeling just as nasty as I've felt for the last 10 days. My cough began developing a few days before Egypt, hung around the entire trip, and is having it's pinnacle just about now. Here are the reasons I decided it wise to stay home and sleep during an entirely free day:
-My head feels HUGE and spinning.
-My throat is on fire, and feels so so dry.
-My nose is congested, and runny simultaneously
-Every time I cough I have shooting pains in my chest.
-My chest feels all knotted up.
-I shiver so much in bed that I pulled a muscle in my neck.
I went to breakfast this morning and found the JC doctor, who also happens to be the branch president. I sat down, told him all my symptoms and plead with him to help me feel better. He immediately put down his yogurt and took me to the doctors office. Pretty much everyone is some degree of sick, so they are running really low on meds. But after poking through bins and boxes, he found one last set of antibiotics that will hopefully end the misery. He took my stats, said a bunch of nice things to me, and prescribed me some week long medication. PRAISE President Allen, and Heavenly Father for saving that last box for me. The name of the drug is 14 letters long and only has 2 vowels, in case you're wondering.
So the moral of the story is: If you feel like you are going to die, you should seek professional help sooner than later. You might discover as President Allen did that you have an infected right lung.
Situational Irony
10 years ago
6 comments:
Let me just tell you, I feel your pain. I am so sorry. I finally broke down and bought a $13 humidifier thingy from Wal-mart last night in an effort to try and breathe through my nose since I'm not supposed to take Afrin. You're lucky the Dr. had some meds left ... Get some good rest, and we'll pray for you!
Wow! My kids have had the very same symptoms for about a week. (Sara feels the worst.) This virus is really making the rounds around the world it seems. Feel better soon!
Glad you're on the mend--you know you're sick when you sit out a free day!
I think it's funny that Moms are the ones who responded to this post first.
It seems like everyone is getting this tight congestion/fire-cough thing lately. Dad just called me to see if I still had it. But I shook it after only two weeks.
Stef, how did you go to Egypt sick!!! That is crazy! I can't believe it. It was so hot when we went anyone with the slightest sickness would have died cause most went healthy and came back not so healthy...
I sure remember all those stairs. Glad I'm not pregnant over there.
Post a Comment