Just as Deep South's Hokey Pokey flavor ice cream is a highlight in my memory bank from New Zealnd, "brownie surprises" have claimed my heart here in Jerusalem. These pastries are so good they deserve their own post. Basically, this posh bakery in West Jeru has incredible pastries, filled with brownie batter. They are especially good if you warm them up in the toaster! Mmmm, mmmm. I should have known better than to write this post without having one in my reserves to stop me from salivating...

They really are my favorite treat. The day these pictures were taken, we walked all the way there (approx. 35 minutes) to get these delicious delights. (Why didn't my friends TELL me I have chocolate all over my face?)

Allison and I made a little bet about who has done more/less reading for classes. I won :) So... here is Allison paying up! (This picture is kind of tricky- We are doing a pinkie promise in the back and I am retrieving my winnings from her pastry bag.
5 comments:
Any chance you can get one of those things home for us to try? Or, better yet, just see if you can wrest the recipe out of 'em!
GREAT picture of Camel breath! Let's see a picture of your new necklace and bracelet :) GOOD LUCK on your three finals!!!
So I just finished yet another marathon reading of your blog. Man, you write SO often! Do you ever sleep?
-I am happy you take so many pictures. I'm happy that it makes you happy.
-I'm happy you're milking Jerusalem for all it could possibly be worth. That's always been something I admire about you. "The world is your burrito."
-Just in case you were wondering, Mary just got her call to Brazil.
-YAY FOR OT QUIZZES!! The happiest part of reading that post is seeing that you wrote "I can do hard things" on your test. I think I will adopt this practice in my own life.
-Random side note: Stephanie Richards went skinny dipping in the Dead Sea.
- Bring me back a napkin!
-I love you heaps.
-The word I typed to verify this comment was "ologdom".
Yeah. Lots of people have been skinny dipping in the red sea. I am quite saddened I never discovered that tasty bakery while there. I don't know if I can make my own...
Are the brownie surprises anything like European pastries? Or just totally different?
Elyse is the my favorite of your friends that i don't know. :)
Post a Comment