-I got sort of sunburnt today. It feels nice!
-Today's trip to the Old City was my most successful yet! I bought love nuts for the first time ever, and ran my way through those shops like a local. Crossing the Kidron valley gets easier every time!
-I learned today that the mezuzah Jews kiss all throughout the diaspora tells about the water situation in Israel. EVERYTHING ties back to Jerusalem and Israel.
-Somebody took out my laundry when it was still wet tonight. People play dirty the night before long trips. Even at the JC...
-I actually herded sheep today. Lots of them. And I like to think that the green goodness on my pants was just a grass stain :)
-I made pita pizza over a fire for lunch. And picked some plants on the side to make my own spices!
-My favorite food the Oasis has to offer is the Greek salad. It has bell peppers, feta cheese, tomatos, great dressing, and maybe a few sprigs of weedish-looking lettuce. Dinner tonight was hilarious! I think we are all just wiped out from a JAM PACKED two weeks since Jordan (not that Jordan wasn't crazy busy too...) that anything anyone said was the funniest thing we'd ever heard. Honestly, I just sat at dinner LAUGHING for over an hour. SO fun!
-The "fig leaves" Adam and Eve used are a lot smaller than I ever imagined...
And now, for the most tragic news of the month:
My favorite Nalgene is officially lost.
If you will recall, this Nalegene holds a special place in my heart. I think I may need to recover for a few months until I can find it in my heart to replace this piece of me.
9 comments:
That Nalgene has been through a lot! And maybe, it will still turn up! But if not, I have another blue one for you that you can start a new sticker collection for and just go from there! Congratulations on ping pong! And on the sheep herding! Did your NZ experiences help you any there?
A moment of silence for the Nalgene.
Rick will freeze one in its honor for you. Best of luck in coping with the loss.
I feel like I've run a mini marathon when I read your blog entries. You are a go-getter if there ever was one!
Very interesting blog! I am so jealous of your trip to Galilee. I'd love to see that area. I hope you are treasuring every moment of this wonderful adventure.
Enjoy the beach...and the sunburns to come?
Only you could get 4 columns of things done in 5 hours or less!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Where did you get the idea for pita pizza over an open fire? I did that last Summer while camping.
Interesting about the fig leaves.
Have fun in G.
I'm so sorry about the Nalgene. That is a big loss. How big are the fig leaves? I always pictured them about the size of a palm of a hand.
stef,that kills me about your nalgene... I have lost my fair share, which is why i have a hard time putting stickers on them.
Post a Comment