I don't know if I am admitting something that should be embarrassing to me, or if this is normal, but I change my sheets 2-3 times each semester. I change them when I feel they need to be changed. But here at the JC, we change our sheets every single week. I think we should save water, save work, and submit ourselves to a few more bed bugs! We get penalized on our weekly cleaning checks if we forget/choose not to swap out our linens. It is a big fat pain if you ask me. Our beds are so close to the wall and nightstand that it is a huge hassle to strip the bed.
Alexis and Annie look pretty happy about the linen exchange. Do you think they really like it? Or are they just smiling for the camera. Sometimes the linen exchange is right before lunch and you miss the best food. Sometimes linen exchange is at night, and you have to interrupt a productive study session, or a movie to go swap out your sheets.
Brother and sister Allen are the coolest. They really redeem the linen exchange experience for me. They are so organized and and happy to be there handing us clean sheets. Lately they've had rockin' music blasting in the laundry room. I'm not gonna lie, it is pretty fun to make a dance move out of throwing my dirty towel, and used pillow case into a stack of week old linens.
The clean sheets. Clearly I feel a tad more sketchy about the situation than Heidi does... This one time, my roommate Alisha helped me make my bed. I really don't love moving that stand at the end of the bed, putting 4 new layers on, diving down the crack of the wall to tuck everything in, and shoving my pillow back into the case when I could be doing better things with my time. Like study the Old Testament, or play ping pong. Hello? 
I miss my AWESOME duvet I pieced senior year, and my soft, colorful blanket from Ikea.
I almost forgot to restate the big question:
HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE YOUR SHEETS?
5 comments:
When I was on study abroad, I'm pretty sure they did linen exchange as well, but we just had duvet covers and bottom sheets to deal with. I don't remember it being a hassle so it must not have been every week. I would say I change mine once every month or two.
Eww... I usually change my sheets every two weeks, not just two times a semester. You unhygenic girl.
But... good news for you. You don't have to change your sheets every linen exchange. You just have to go and return your towels, and maybe some sort of sheet type thing, meaning pillowcase, and then get a new set. You can leave your sheets on your bed, get a new set, and not put the new set on your bed.
Simple return your towels, maybe the pillowcase, and get a new set.
Problem solved. Life is so much better now isn't it? Yes indeed.
Chelsea, you are a very clever girl! It's called, Going through the motions- making everybody happy! I change my sheets every couple of weeks but that's only because I was told I should (dead skin and all...)
I changed them every linen exchange week at the center. Now, probably every 2-3 weeks.
Once a semester. Sometimes less than that. Usually I sleep on top of my bed so I don't have to make it...but that has changed lately because I have decided to be a bed-maker.
Post a Comment