I spent the last, well, forever studying for the most detail-oriented, minute test of my life: Old Testament. PRAISE THE HEAVENS that class is over. I am thrilled to be starting New Testament with Brother Wilson in just 2 days! But between now and then, I have a paper to write on a Jewish text, an ancient near eastern studies test to study for and take, a field trip manual to complete, study and then test on, and, last but not least, a traffic ticket to pay from BYU. Is my tuition money really going to cops who search out parking stickers that have one tiny corner peeling off the window so they can claim "damaged sticker" and charge students like me $20 fees? Sad. Regardless, here I am, paying twenty hard earned dollars for a peeling sticker instead of buying a falafel in the city, or giving money to people on the street who actually need it. Can you tell I'm a little bitter? Okay, well, here are 10 random thoughts:
1. I love my electric toothbrush. THANK YOU Beeg for the awesome Christmas present, I use it every day :) Three times.
2. I bought a ping pong paddle at "Sportland" in Jordan and I'm getting better. But Elyse is definitely on a winning streak.
3. I was alone in my apartment the other day and decided to cut my hair. Um, it could have gone better, but at least its not atrocious, and at least hair grows.
4. My nails are growing. But I need clear nail polish to thicken them up!
5. I have gotten some awesome emails from friends lately. I love getting emailing!
6. I skipped choir tonight because I didn't feel like getting yelled at today.
7. Turns out that I ended up buying a t-shirt in the wrong size, pattern and color. It's pretty funny :)
8. I got distracted from cleaning the bathroom today when I looked out the window and saw a gorgeous view of the city.
9. I seriously can't believe that all my freshman friends are coming home from missions. So fun!
10. I finished my journal today! It felt so SO good! I already have 2 pages done in my next one.
And what is a blog post without pictures? "Lame" is the correct answer.
Here is a stack of some of the books I study with. Did I tell you that the academics is rigorous?

And this is me in all the green clothing I have here at the JC. And this pic kind of shows you the layout of my bedroom.
9 comments:
Good job checking out all of your green options! I think you should wear all of them at once some day next week. :)
And of course the best part of that outfit is the delicious striped thermals. MmmmMmmm!
You know green has always been my favorite color, but I actually think I'm liking the blues and oranges even more on you! My word verification happens to be: fullamme! Scary stacka books...onward Christian soldiers!
Just today unable to comment except through the magic of Right clicking, then "Open sesame". Any ideas?
You're so color coordinated! Can't believe how much studying you have to do! And you should talk with Jon Orgill and see if he has any pull with the BYU police!
Do you ever get much "down" time? Wild, fun, memorable times!
Does your JC choir director read your blog Stef?
She might like it.
I love the random brain purges. I forgot that you got an electronic toothbrush for Christmas. How short did you cut your hair and how is your new paddle treating you now that you've warmed up to it?
Wow, your own paddle - now you're getting to be a pro. Love the last pic, great costume.
Post a Comment