Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chelsea's B-day

Chelsea's birthday was an awesome party.  This is how it all began:  I was sitting in the lecture hall watching an optional documentary.  I felt good about my studious self, and then Chelsea busted in the door to announce her birthday trip to west Jeru!  I sung a little ditty and gave her a kiss on the cheek, and stayed seated watching the movie.  Thirty seconds past, and I decided that I didn't care about that crazy old film, grabbed my stuff and ran for the taxi :)  And boy was that a good decision!   
We ended up getting some AMAZING crepes filled with white/dark chocolate and any mix in fillings you want.  We watched some Jewish rapsters dance it up on Benyahuda street, and just had fun kickin' it in town. Chelsea loves celebrating her birthday which made it really fun!  Did I say those crepes were really good?  

Chelsea is so great!  She is from Homer, Alaska and goes to school at BYU-H.  I always love people who go to BYU Hawaii... hmm, something to think about :)  Anyway, you may remember, Chels and I were seat buddies for Jordan.  She loves colors and pashmena scarves.  But more than anything, she loves the snack appropriately termed "love nuts."  Um, Chelsea is ALWAYS HAPPY and has such a natural way of chatting with anyone and everyone.  Chelsea is the most sharing person I know- always looking to give whatever she has.  She is positive and stays low-stress about school amidst a bunch of competitive students.  I want to play with Chelsea every single day!

As if the birthday celebration weren't fun enough, the taxi ride home made my top five list of favorite activities in all of Israel.  Yeah, it was that good.  We called for a taxi, waited about 20 minutes (Don't worry, the McDonald's security guard and I are tight now... I told him every Hebrew word I know!) and boarded the taxi party van of the century!  This was a 15 passenger bus with HUGE speakers, neon lights, and a screen playing the music video for the song playing.  Partway through the ride home, our driver turned on the blacklights and got a disco ball going.  He played all songs we knew, and danced right along with us.  Once I got over the crazy driving, I just embraced the dance party and had the time of my life!  These are seriously some of my favorite people- what a fun memory!  

5 comments:

Noelle said...

Yum, I love and miss good crepes. I'm glad you decided to go. Way to live it up.

Julie T said...

Wow! Score on the bus/disco party! Do you think this was your driver's idea of a good time or was he just hoping for a good ole fat American tip?

Chelsea said...

You are so wonderful Stefanie! I loved my birthday so so much. Wasn't it the greatest? I'm so glad you were there to party with me, because it was the funnest thing ever. Oh I love birthdays! I love you to Stefanie Tanner. You are such a cool girly.

Bryan Tanner said...

Were there disco lights in the disco bus? That party sounds awesomes!

Heather said...

nothing like a party sherut.