Sunday, March 1, 2009

Out of Africa!

Maybe you didn't know this, but Israel is on the African plate. Tomorrow, I am going to Jordan. That is on the Asian plate. Cool, right? Some of the great things I will do there are: Hike Mt. Nebo, explore the Indiana Jones set, attend church in the Petra branch house, and visit the Mosque and Amman museums. I’m sure there will be many more grand adventures, but our itinerary is pretty general.

Gems from our Jordan Orientation Meeting:
1. When a guide is talking, don’t talk
2. No stealing food from the restaurant
3. Don’t fall off a cliff for a picture
4. If the taxi meter says .0027, that does not mean 27 US Dollars.
5. If you think you’re going to be cold, bring a jacket.
6. Don’t get raped.

I think our administration could have spared us that hour and a half, and instead used Jacob’s line, “O Be Wise; what can I say more?”

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sometimes undergrads really need things spelled out. Don't tell me you wouldn't have been tempted to put away some food for later from breakfast had you not been warned. Try not to fall off any cliffs at Petra, that place is stinkin' awesome. The Nabateans really were onto something. The monastery was my favorite. Treasury, cool - but so empty inside.

Julie T said...

Great title! Where does she come up wit dem?

NatalieD said...

Heather is right. After living with Mark for almost 12 years, many rules MUST be spelled out (and rules you don't even know you have until they're tested or broken).

Noelle said...

So cool you're going to Jordan and Petra. I've always wanted to go there. O Be Wise should be the theme of the trip.

Bryan Tanner said...

I wish all orientation meetings could be that brief and direct.

Did you find the Cup of Christ? :)