Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's All About Time.

I am running out of time. I just feel this sense of urgency to learn and do the maximum possible!  I just watched a taxi pull away from the center, taking 13 friends to Ein Karem.  I would LOVE to go, but I have seriously so SO much to do, I can’t do it all.  Every moment is precious here.  (I literally run from place to place in the center to save time... such a nerd.)  It is so hard to make the daily choices between going into the Old City, taking a day trip to a significant outlying city, studying for one of my political classes, studying and reading the New Testament and quotes and commentary, or reading one of the hundreds of amazing books available to us here at the JC library.  And then there’s that whole eating and sleeping thing that takes time too.  I want to write in my journal.  And I want to keep in touch with friends and family in the states (that's YOU!) I feel helpless.  There is simply no way for me to get it all done. 

It's a mercy that I believe in lifelong learning.

So, I am super behind in blogging.  I was telling Noelle the other day that I have 26 pending blog posts.  Yeah.  It's out of control.  But, instead of adding this funny to the line up, I will just include it today :) 

Your eyes are not deceiving you.  This is a progressive shot of a nun smoking a huka.  

We went to Bethlehem yesterday (Did you know Bethlehem is in the West Bank?  I learned a TON spending the day with Bethlehem U. students and going to the church of the nativity.) and sat next to a large group of people passing around the communal huka.  I began trying to be discreet with my camera, but when it became clear that the nun was actually going to do it, I got up, approached the adjacent table and took no shame in photographing and taking a video clip of this unique, HILARIOUS moment.  I wish you could have been there!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I cannot believe you got this on film - well, sorta! Awesome!

Noelle said...

The nun smoking is pretty classic. Nice work sneaking that.